- Stamp Duty Agents in India
- Property Developers in India
- Real Estate Agents in India
- Property Lawyers in India
- Vastu Consultants in India
- Property Valuers in India
- Home Loan Consultants in India
- Home Insurance Consultants in India
- Interior Designers in India
- Property Architects in India
- Land Surveyors in India
- Packers And Movers in India
- Electrical Contractors in India
Stamp Duty Rates for Residential and Non-Residential Property
- Stamp Duty is payable on market value or agreement value, whichever is higher.
- The Stamp Duty for shop/office/Industrial gala/Basement is 5% of the market value or agreement value whichever is higher.
- The above amount does not include Registration fee which is 1 per cent of market value or agreement value whichever is higher subject to Maximum of Rs.30,000
- Stamp Duty is charged for every Rs.500 or part thereof of the market value.
- Registration fee is charged for every Rs.1000 or part thereof of the market value.
- Stamp Duty must be paid at the time of execution of the agreement. Penalty for late payment of stamp duty is 2% per month on deficit stamp duty amount, subject to maximum 2 times of the deficit stamp duty amount.
- Stamp Duty on agreement for Sale prior to 10-12-1985 is Rs.5 only.
- Stamp Duty for Non-Residential Property is straight away 5% of the market value.
Related Links :
We write regularly on stamp duty & real estate related information
Enter your email address to get updates delivered in your inbox..! It is Free.